Sunday, November 15, 2015

Week 59- Election Week

Hello!

This week went by crazy fast I cant even believe it!

Wednesday we had an awesome contacting experience! I had always wanted to contact people using Family History but I never knew quite how to approach the topic. So Finally I worked up the courage to talk to the owner of the place where we always come to write. His name is Dickson. I asked him if he wanted to know more about his ancestors and he gladly accepted the invitation for us to come and teach him how. Then when we came back for the appointment and we were able to open an account and teach him a little about the restored gospel and he is actually really interested in the church!!! It was such an awesome experience! After writing today we are going to follow up to see how he is doing with his account.... wish me luck :)

Thursday we did divisions and I went to Toto with Hermana Howard, It was a fun time and she really taught me alot. 

We have been having a lot of success this week with the members. For months we have been making plans with them so that they could become member missionaries and this week we were able to complete the plans and the members helped us find many new investigators. It was So great! 

Yesterday was Election Day here in Guatemala so things were a little crazy! We were told that after church we needed to stay inside all day, just to avoid any crazy things that could have gone down. So we basically were inside all day long, and maybe i should be devestated that we could go out and contact all day, it was kind of nice to have a few seconds to breath. 

Well thats about it for this week. tomorrrow we get to go to the temple! :)

I love you all and thanks for your support. 

Con amor,
Hermana Gibson

No comments:

Post a Comment