Sunday, November 15, 2015

Week 51- Until We Meet Again

This week has been nothing but eventful. 

Tuesday we had interviews with President Smith. We had to take an hour bus ride to the stake center in Totonicapan. In the morning we  had a district meeting and the Aps were there to help us become better. Then we had lunch and then interviews with President. One thing that I have been struggling with these last few months is knowing how much our faith matters when other people have their agency. He gave me a smile and said that was a really good question. He shared that not only do we have to have faith but we must also always help others to grow in their faith and exercise it. Even if we dont see the blessings that we were hoping for, we will always be blessed because God never backs out on His promises, but they will always come in His time and according to His will.

Funny thing that happened. A little girl was really amazed at how tall I was (please note that I constantly feel like a giant here ha) I asked her if she knew how she could be tall like me and she said, "Eat a lot of tortillas." Took the words right out of my mouth.

Here there arent many places to buy food, so Thursday morning we had to live like the locals and we went to the Mercado which is like a less sanitary version of a farmers market. But we now have food in the house so we are happy :)

Then Friday came and was really unexpected. While showering I hear my comp telling me that President called and was coming over to our house at 8am to see how our living conditions are. I thought she was lying, but then I began feeling that there was something wrong. So I hopped out of the shower and hurried to help clean the house. Then we walked to the chapel and showed President and Hermana Smith where we lived. Well our livivng conditions arent exactly ideal; we rent a room from a members house and they wake us up at 4:30 every morning and begin wood cutting and are always blasting music, so its hard to study in the mornings. President said that it would be best if we looked for another house. 

Then he asked if he could speak to me for a minute and thats when I knew what was coming. President lovingly informed me about the passing away of my grandpa. My heart broke. He gave me a few minutes to myself and then passed me his phone so that my family could explain to me what happened. 

It was a little hard being away from my family during this time, but I know that the Lord knew that my grandpa would pass away while I was on my mission. I have seen how He has prepared me to build a testimony of the Plan of Salvation throughout my mission so that I would be able to be strong during this trial. I´m not going to say that it is easy being out here alone, but I am so grateful to be here in the mission. I have found greater joy in preaching the gospel and more of a drive to help all people come to know Christ. I have felt the Holy Ghost work in me as its role as our Comforter and I have felt the Atoning sacrafice of Jesus Christ lift me daily so that I can preach the gospel with such joy. I have been and will keep missing my grandpa but i trust in the promise that I will see him again. I love him dearly, and I trust fully in the Plan of God and I know that he in being taken care of by angles of God and is learning the Gospel of our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that God´s plan is perfect and although we all pass through trials in this earth life, we are never alone as we call upon Christ to help us. 

Thank you all for the prayers, love and comforting words that you send to me and my family. Mas God bless you all.

With love,
Hermana Gibson


pics of papa and the house 








No comments:

Post a Comment