Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Week 25- 6 Months!



Buenas Tardes!

Wow what a week it has been! Something exciting that happened is that we were taking a bus to get to our next appointment and we had to stop because there were two drunk guys in the middle of the road. One was passed out and then the other tried to help him up but stumbled to the ground and then they were both passed out. The the wives and daughters had to drag them off of the road. It was quite the scene but leave it to the women to be responsible and get stuff done ;)

This week was Hermana Hamblin´s last week so we had the opportunity to go to the temple. It was absolutely amazing! There really is so better place to be in the world. I wish I could go to the temple all of the time because that is where i find the most peace! It was amazing. We also said bye to hermana hamblin this morning which was super hard, but that's the mission!

This week Hermana Rodriguez and I got to take a little break and go to Guatemala City to do her visa papers. So we left Thursday night and stayed the night in a hotel in guate which was pretty fun. Then we did her papers Friday morning and got back to Xela at 8 that night. It was a long two days but it was fun. Our hotel had a bath tub!!!! But sadly i didn't use it :( But there also was an iguana so that was cool!

Well, this week i hit my 6 month mark! Wow time has gone by pretty fast. It´s really cool to see how much I have changed and learned in such a short time! Honestly I have really learned what it means to be grateful for all that I have been given. Living here in Guatemala is so different from home. I have been very blessed to have been serving in a big city but still things are so different. I´m grateful for the country that I have grown up in. A country where women are treated respectfully and equally, Where kids grow up knowing who their parents are and aren't abandoned at birth, and a country where we can actually put the toilet paper in the toilet when we flush! haha  Maybe the last one isn't as important, but you don't really know how much of a luxury it is to flush toilet paper. But I am really grateful for the country that i have been raised in, for being taught by loving and amazing parents the importance of families and standards, and for the amazing examples of friends at home. In these last 6 months I have grown a lot and have learned a lot about what it means to truly become a good and Christlike person. It´s something that I am striving to learn more about and I am excited to see where these next 12 months take me.

Thank you for all of your love and support back home and I hope that all of you have the most wonderful Christmas season and are able to experience many Christmas miracles. 

Love, Hermana Gibson



No comments:

Post a Comment