Saturday, December 6, 2014

Week 16- Attitude of Gratitude 13/10/14

Hello Everyone!

Wow another week that went by super fast! Let´s see, Monday night was Amilcar´s Birthday so when we were at the Terminal (which is where all of the buses meet and its like a giant swap meet) we bought him a hat that says Los Angeles because he always asks if I am from there. Then we had cake to celebrate. It was really fun and he was super happy! Also last night Amilcar tried telling us that he has 10 girlfriends and they all live in Miami haha Good Ole Amilcar

On Tuesday we cooked dinner for Family Gusman (our new investigators) and taught them The Restoration. It was a really fun night and I really love them like they are my own family already. The family wasnt able to come to church yesterday because they already had other obligations, but their daughter Gaby (who is 10 and a little shy) came with us. But she is super cute and she absolutely loved church and afterwards she ran up to me and gave me a big hug. It was awesome!

Thursday the Hermana Leaders called us and we had divisions with them again and I went with Hermana Rubio to her area again. But it was cool because some of the people there remember me! That was a fun night and I really learned a lot about how I can become a better missionary. 

Friday Night our ward had a ward wide Family Home Evening. It was their first ever and it was so much fun! The Bishop gave a talk about one of the talks from COnference and then we played "Never Have I Ever..." Just incase you dont know what that is, Everyone sits in a circle and one person stands in the middle and says something that they have never done. Then everyone that has done that in their lives has to run super fast and change chairs becasue the last person standing has to say something that they have never done. So it was super funny to see the Bishop and the other people in the ward fighting over the same chair. 

Then Sunday we were asked to be a part of the Primary Presentation in another Ward and we got to sind "I love to see the temple" with the missionaries from their ward and the primary. It was super cute. I just love Primary Presentation because the Spirit is so strong when the kids bear their testimonies about the Savior.

Also, this morning we found out that Hermana Sanchez and I will be having transfers. I will be staying here in Garibaldi and I will get my new companion in the morning. I´m excited but really nervous to see who it is. Also today for our last P-day together as a Zone we had a devil piñata haha 

Well this week I have been thinking a lot about gratitude. Here are some thoughts: "Gratitude," like President Utchdorf said, "is the catalyst to all Christlike attributes." It can take away feelings of bitterness, and our life is sweeter, more joyous, and glorious when we are grateful. When we are experiencing herdships, we should express a prayer of gratitude to our Savior and our souls will be lifted. I read the story in Job chapter 1 where he loses everything, but in verse 21, after all is lost, he still offers praise and thanks to God. What an example. Also I was reading Amla 34:37-38 and was thinking that we need to be that type of saint, a saint that constantly lives in thanksgiving daily. We should always remember to count our many blessings and give thanks to our Heavenly Father for all that we have. 

I love you all and I hope you have an amazing week.
Love,
Hermana Gibson

No comments:

Post a Comment