Saturday, December 6, 2014

Week 15- #LDSconfisthebest 6/10/2014


Hello Everyone!

I hope you all had an amazing week and an even more amazing general conference weekend! I would say that my week was pretty spiritually amazing. On Tuesday was got to go to the TEMPLE!!! Ahhh it was so amazing. Honestly I don't think I have ever  been more excited to go to the temple in my life. The Quetzaltenango Temple is absolutely beautiful and honestly might just be my favorite. I´ll make sure to attach i a picture. The session was amazing and I was luckily able to understand everything. But there I learned that the Holy Ghost only lets me understand the things that HE wants me to. So I was really blessed to understand the session and wow I want to go back everyday!!! The peace that is in the temple is truly a peace that can´t be found anywhere else. Sorry Disneyland but the temple is the happiest place on earth. My favorite thing about being in the temple is getting to wear a white dress, because honestly i just feel like an angel! Also, this session was so amazing for me because it made me so excited to be sealed to my family when I get home! What a blessing it is.

Speaking of families, October 1st is Day of the Child and all of the kids have a big party here..... So I think we need that holiday in the States. But to celebrate we brought ice cream ha. We are just some big kids.

This week we found Family Gusman, who was a reference from our other investigator Themla, so we are really excited to teach them. We had to drop Family Martinez for a while because they always have an excuse and won´t come to church. So that was pretty sad for me. 

Okay Well honestly I could talk about conference forever, but I´ll just stick to one talk of the many that i really liked. It was from the Saturday Morning Session from Elder Lynn G Robins. I´m pretty sure its called, "Which way do we face?" He talked a lot about courage and since I stole The Jacobs Family´s idea of choosing a "word of the year" and my word was courage, I figured this was a good one to tlak about. Elder Robins defined courage as the combination of all Christlike attributes when we reach the pressure point of life. There is no better way to describe courage than that. It´s to stand up for what if right when faced with adversity. And since we all have adversity, courage is something we must all strive to achieve. I was reminded of the scripture in Joshua 1:9 that says, "Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou ghost." What a blessing that truly is. The Lord, Jesus Christ who was the greatest example of courage, promises us to be with us always. WE just need to have courage to stand and do what is right. No matter the circumstances, if you have the courage to do the will of God, you will receive an amazing amount of blessings. So let us all press forward with Faith is Christ and great courage that when we get to the heavens, we can stand spotless for him. 

Thank you all very much for all of your prayers in my behalf. Truly I could not thank you enough for all of the love and support at home. I hope you all have an amazing week.

No comments:

Post a Comment