Sunday, September 21, 2014

Week 10- Everything Has Changed!

Hello Everyone!

Wow this week has been CRAZY!!! Thursday morning hermana woods and i got a call saying that we had to be at the mission office at 3 because we were having emergency changes! We were SO shocked because we only had 3 weeks together and now we were being separated. So we packed H. Woods´s stuff and said bye to some families and then we had our interviews with President and his wife. Which was good because I got a new pillow, but really hard because we were having transfers. So H. Woods went to train a girl in my group and now I have a new companion. Her name is Hermana Sanchez. She is from Peru and only has 3 months left in the mission. Shes super awesome and a really good missionary, so I am really lucky to have her. And my Spanish is already improving a ton haha Probably because I don't have any other choice. But The first two days after transfers were seriously SO hard!! I basically had to be the senior companion and do daily planning, weekly planning, and  hold the correlation meeting with our ward mission leader all by myself. So it was hard but the Lord knew that I could handle it, and honestly I feel really blessed.

This week we met with one of our Investigators named Yomara. She is seriously so awesome. Her husband is a member but inactive, and won´t listen to our message unless we know what the Seven Capital/Deadly Sins are (which im pretty sure are just subjective to him) and unless we know what GWR is from the Bible, that might be in spanish, idk.... but I'm you know them, please send them my way! AnywayYomara was saying that all of the other missionaries before kind of annoyed her because she felt like she was being pushed into baptism. So I told her that that is not why we are here. I told her that we loved her personally and we are here to help her gain a testimony of Christ and help her in every spiritual matter that we can. We would love for her to be baptized, but most importantly, we want her to have a strong relationship with our Savior.I also shared my mom´s experience about feeling that same way and thatYomara wasn´t a number or a quota to us And her attitude totally changed about listening to the lessons. She´s awesome and I´m excited to go back and see her!

Also we have 7 of our investigators come to church Sunday, like WHAT THE HECK!?! I literally couldn't believe that happened, it was seriously a miracle. We also have two baptism dates set for Jennifer and her little sister Gladys. I´m so excited for them, they are so pilas. (pilas=stud.)

On Monday we had a few FHEs with The Elders because it was elder Browning´s last day and we were invited. In one on the Fhes he shared Enos 1:27 and it has been stuck in my head all week. The scripture says, "And I soon must go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him, I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure and he shall say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father, Amen." This is my goal: To work as hard and diligently as I can in this life so that when my time comes, I can stand before Christ and have him welcome me with open arms and allow me to enter into his kingdom. How beautiful is that thought! I invite all of you to make this your goal too, because a mansion in the kingdoms of god truly is happiness. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week!
Hermana Gibson

No comments:

Post a Comment