Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Week 13-Feliz Cumpleaños Guatemala 15/9/2014

September 15, 2014

Good Afternoon Everyone!

In case you didnt know (which you probably didnt) today is Guatemala´s day of independance! As a zone we went and watched the parades in the street, which consists of a band from every school in Xela and a lot of traditional dress! It was pretty cool to watch! One of the bands was playing Wrecking Ball and Safe and Sound. And some bands sounded reminded me of Disneyland.... Needless to say, I was a little nostalgic today! After we played soccer as a Zone and I got a ball straight to the face haa but it was worth it beause our team kept winning. (Dont worry, we werent keeping score.)

On Thursday we had divisiones with the Hermana Leaders. That means that for 24 hours I was with Hermana Rubio in her area and Hermana Sanchez was in my area with the other Hermana Leader. It was actually an AMAZING 24 hours. Hermana Rubio is so awesome and I learned SO much from her. When we were teaching together, the Spirit was so strong and all day my desire to be a missionary kept growing. Being with her made me want to be a better missionary. It was a really rewarding experience. I even got to teach a little in English because two of their investigators can speak english! It was so cool, but honestly, I like teaching in Spanish so mmuch better. And sometimes its actually harder to teach in English now that I am used to spanish. But divisions with Hermana Rubio wasso great and I really hope we can have htem again.

Then guess what happened on Saturday... MY FIRST BAPTISM!!! It was with Brenda. We have been teaching her the whole time I have been here. SHe`s 23 and has two babies and a third one on the way. She´s super awesome because her husband tried convincing hjer not to get baptized, but she insisted anyway.It was really awesome to to watch her be baptized and confirmed the next day! It was a rewarding experience to know that my work is paying off.

Well, in all honesty, this week was the hardest week of my mission. But when I was with Hermana Rubio, she shared a scripture with me that really helped me alot. It is from DC 121:7-8. It talks bout how our trials will be but a small moment and if we endure it well, God will exalt us on high. We all have trials and afflictions in our life, but it is a promise from God that if we Endure it well and choose to take the high road, we will recieve countless blessings in heaven. What a blessing.

I love you all and I hope you are all happy! Have a wonderful week

Love,
Hermana Gibson


No comments:

Post a Comment