Sunday, August 10, 2014

Week 8 *** 5 hour bus ride, but I'm out in the field***

Can you believe it? I'm already out into the field!! The bus ride was about 5 hours from Guatemala City to Xela and I'm pretty sure I was nauseous for 3 of those hours... it was pretty rough, but the scenery was beautiful! We got dropped off at a chapel where we met our president and our companions. We had a little meeting about the rules and such and then we went out into the field at 4! My new companion is Hermana Woods. She is from Idaho and has been out for 7 months. She is super awesome and I'm so lucky to have her as my trainer (or Mom as they say)! 

The first couple of days were a little rough because it was just such (and still is ) a culture shock. But the people here are really nice. There are two elders in our Zone too and so its just 4 gringos walking around preaching the gospel. We also are surrounded by a million churches! Every street has a different church, so we have to make sure people realize that ours is the one true church. We mostly contact people but our appointments never follow though. But eventually someone will recognize the importance and truth of the gospel. 

My spanish is getting so much better. My companion said that she is amazed with how well I speak so thats pretty cool. I'm able to speak and teach the lessons which is nice. On Sunday I was able to understand EVERYTHING!!! It was literally so insane. I knew really have a testimony of the Gift of Tongues.

One thing that I've noticed is that when we have to the opportunity to read and study the scriptures every single day, our desire to learn more grows. And our testimonies are strengthened. I love it here in Xela. What a blessing

Hermana Gibson




No comments:

Post a Comment